23 June 2004

Commitments

Light blogging today. Gotta make myself pretty for the King of the Jews this evening. Mrs. F and I are having dinner with him later.

Another thing I keep forgetting to mention. I'm trying not to make product endorsements, just because what works for me might not work for you. However I must make an exception for the place where Mrs. F and I buy our vehicles. If you live on Long Island or the NY Metro Area and you're in the market for a new car, you owe it to yourself to check out Newins Ford in Bay Shore. There is nothing I hate more than salesmen, car salesmen in particular (well, maybe lawyers). Now, I know the car business (too goddamn well), and I warn these assholes that I'm in the business and I don't want their usual sales dog and pony show. Every where I have gone, except Newins, I get the bullshit regardless of what I tell them. It's as if they operate from a script. Now, I don't even consider other dealers. I'm buying a Ford anyway, so I'm not going to competing brands, but there's a choice of Ford dealers and I'm particular about whom I give my money to. After just buying my fourth vehicle from Newins, I would recommend them to anyone, especially their salesman Hal Hickey, who arranges my wife's Explorers and who I bought my truck from. They are here:

Newins Bay Shore Ford
219 West Main Street
Bay Shore, NY 11706
631-665-1300

Sun 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
Mon-Thu 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
Fri-Sat 9:00 AM-6:00 PM

I hope you'll have the same pleasant experiences I did.

No comments: