29 May 2004

10 lbs. of shit in a 5 lb. bag

Well, Mrs. F bought a new bag while she was out and then took a half-hour moving into it. Oy! Is it just my lovely wife or does every woman have hot and cold running water in her bag? I think she has something for every contingency in there. And what is it with the little shits of paper? An address scribbled on one, a phone number on another, old credit card receipts, it's fucking amazing the stuff she saves. Not that I'm bitching, mind you, she's the one that has to carry the fucking thing. But if that bag ever explodes, a lot of people are going down.

Mrs. F also reminded me to clean the grill and get it ready to cook on, so we'll be having the first barbecue of the year this evening. Nothing fancy, just the 2 1/2 of us and a fantastic creation by the Mrs. Unlike other households, my wife does all the cooking, except when she's away on buisiness. I'm only allowed near the grill to maintain it and clean it. Again, not that I'm bitching, she's a great cook and the Monster and I eat well, and she enjoys it. Where I write, her therapy is cooking.

As for my Taurus, I got some 'Rebuild your transmission in a Can' to pour into it. The results were as expected. No miracles come in a can. I was hoping to be able to drive it to the junkyard, but I guess it'll have to be towed. Ah ,it was only $7.00 and worth a try. It's probably good too, because I'd have probably driven the car to work, instead of the junkyard, until the miracle wore off, leaving me stuck again. I guess I will have to spring for that Mercedes. Much as I want it, it chaps my ass to pay more than a hundred bucks for a car, let alone thousands. Mrs. F's Explorer is different. She got tired of my cobbled together cars about 8 years ago, so she gets a new one every 3 years. It's safer for me too, because she'd kill me in my sleep if she got stuck on the road, especially since I'm in the car business.

No comments: