01 July 2004

Thursday

Ah, Little Friday is here once again. Traffic's gonna seriously suck for me this morning. They're moving the Freedom Stone (the keystone for the new building at Ground Zero) from where it was carved (spitting distance from my house) to Ground Zero using the same route I take for work. Oy, it's gonna suck, but I'll gladly sit in traffic for it. It means that soon a building will begin to grow out of the dusty pit and I'm happy about that. You can't keep New Yorkers down and we're proving it once again. The Freedom Stone is made from Adirondack granite, which is also the bedrock that NYC sits on, and what most native New Yorkers are made of. One in particular, my lovely wife, will be able to watch the ceremony from her building. She too is happy to see the circle completed.

Have a good day, I'm off to the mines.

No comments: