27 July 2004

Tattoos

I have nothing against tattoos. I got three of them and I'm debating a fourth. My deal is with folks who do it frivolously. I feel, that if you're going to mark yourself permanently, have it mean something to you. One of mine memorializes my old unit in the Air Force, another is a rose with Mrs. F's initials on it, and the third is an eagle killing a snake, again commemorating my Air Force service. They repesent things very dear to me, things I'd lay my life on the line for.

The one that gets me the most is these girls with the Chinese or Japanese writing tattooed on them. I can just imagine some little Japanese telling them: "Yeah, it means 'whispering wind'." And instead he tattooing a 'kick me' sign on their backs in Japanese. And what is it with these girls who have these huge tattoos all over, like this:




You know what she's gonna look like in 20 years? I doubt you'll even be able to figure out what they are. All you girls who are my age know about gravity, don'tcha? And how do you 'splain it to your grandchildren? A little one on the ankle or on the inside of a breast is sexy. Big tattoos are for ugly suckers like me.

No comments: