14 August 2004

Ha!

I don't know if you get those commercials where you are. You know, the ones with Erik Estrada selling cheap real estate in Florida and Arkansas? They're on early in the morning, when the Mrs. and I wake up.

Anyway, Ol' Ponch is hawking cheap land. Guess where? Port Charlotte and North Port, Florida. Guess where Hurricane Charley made landfall? Wonder how cheap that land is now, huh? Since I heard about where the storm went 'feet-dry', one line from the commercials sticks with me:

"If you like what you see, and I know that you will . . ."

Yeah, Erik, that big pile o' mobile homes really makes the neighborhood.

Update: 15:30

If you're seriously interested in what happened to specific areas from the storm, South Knox Bubba has links to local news sources here.

No comments: