13 December 2004

Custom Deluxe

Readers of The Alternate Brain know about my deal with the power surge that went through my house a couple weeks back (here and here).

Well, things are in the works. I still don't have my computer up, but the Mrs. has her new microwave and we replaced the TVs and VCRs. There's still more, but slowly but surely . . .

Anyway, Saturday morning, we picked up a VCR/DVD recorder to replace the VCRs. It's a nice unit (RCA) and the remote works the TV also. Fine. Now, our bedroom is custom, to say the least. The entire room looks as if you're under a leg of the Eiffel Tower. I did all the work myself. Not to brag, but it makes my point. The entertaiment center (also self-built) is part of the 'steelwork'. Unfortunately, with the old VCR gone and the new one having a DVD, I didn't need the old DVD player in there. Fine. Seems the new one didn't fit in the slot for either of the old units.

So, this weekend was spent rebuilding the 'leg of the tower' to accommodate the new equipment. Then there were other things I did 'while I was in there' (painting etc). Ya know, while getting new stuff is nice, the hassle ain't worth it. My old shit worked just fine. Today, after work, I gotta take my computer to a guy to determine whether it's fixable. Hopefully it is, so I can get all my stuff out of it. All my vacation pics for the last 10 years are on it, along with some important documents. Oy!!!

Now, if only the new waterbed heater arrives soon so we can get out of the guest bedroom. After sleeping on the pullout couch for 2 weeks now, I've been calling everyone who's ever stayed over here to apologize for the shitty night's sleep.

No comments: