03 July 2004

Register

If you haven't registered to vote, do it. I give a shit if you're a Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, Green, or Commie, just vote. It's part of being an American. And remember, if you don't vote, you can't bitch.

Now this, from Today in Iraq:

This is how to kick Lieutenant AWOL's ass back to Texas.

Yesterday, I went to a a matinee showing of Fahrenheit 911 at the Capitol Mall in Olympia, WA. There were about 70 people in the theater.

When I left the theater, I saw some enterprising Democrats had set up a voter registration table directly in front of the theater exit. About 10 people went directly from the theater to the voter registration table.

Later, I came back and talked to the people manning the table. There were no campaign materials on display and nothing to associate the table with the Democratic Party. The folks told me they had registered about 50 people today alone and they were sure everybody they registered planned to vote against Bush.

I grabbed a handful of voter registration forms because I know at least five people who don't usually vote and hate Bush.

If more people across the country are taking advantage of Fahrenheit 911 to register pissed-off Americans who don't normally vote, I think we're going to kick some Republican ass in November.

Exploit the opportunity.

No comments: