16 July 2004

A quick one

It's halftime at the wedding and we got an hour and a half to kill before the reception.  Let me just say, I've been to a lot of Catholic weddings, here and in other countries, and this is the first one I've been to where it was completely in Spanish.  Anyway, got one from Bubba:
 

No U.N. inspectors for U.S. vote

Friday July 16, 2004 The House voted against allowing U.N. inspectors to observe voting in the U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown (D-FL) was not happy:

"I come from Florida, where you and others participated in what I call the United States coup d'etat. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again," Brown said. "Over and over again after the election when you stole the election, you came back here and said, 'Get over it.' No, we're not going to get over it. And we want verification from the world."


They then voted (along party lines) to have her remarks stricken from the Congressional record. I'm surprised they didn't vote to have her gagged, shackled and removed to Guantanamo. These are the times we live in, my friends.


We're screwed in November if Bush is allowed to pull off the same shit as in 2000.

No comments: