04 June 2004

TGIF

Well, Mrs. F and I put one on last night and we're both a little fuzzy this morning. But it's Friday and that's a good thing.

President Nitwit is already in Europe for the D-Day memorials this weekend. Hope he doesn't embarrass us too badly. I'm sure I'll be hearing from my cousin in Germany this weekend. They like Bush even less than I do.

I also have to stop at the Benzmeister this afternoon. He has another car for me to look at.

And the Belmont Stakes is tomorrow. Were my mom still alive, we would be there. She loved the ponies and she was a great handicapper. She was more right than wrong over thirty years. I remember the last time the Triple Crown was at stake. The woman was out of her mind. Anyway, if you're in the NY Metro Area and you're so inclined, head out to Belmont Park. It's a beautiful place and the excitement of the Stakes is electrifying. It's right off the Cross Island Parkway at Hempstead Turnpike, but get there early. The crowds are murder.

And then there's NASCAR. They're at the Monster Mile in Dover on Sunday at 1 pm(FX). My boy, Rusty Wallace, is 13th in points, let's hope for a good showing. Well, I'm off to the mines.

No comments: