27 June 2004

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

Okay, now it's official. Mrs. F just got the confirmations and everything is booked and paid for. And, for the second year in a row, we'll be out of the country on 9/11. This isn't a conscious decision, just worked out that way.

This year's trip will be a week in London followed by a trans-Atlantic cruise home aboard the Queen Mary 2. Now, I have to admit, I'm looking forward to the crossing more than I am spending time in London, just because I'd rather veg out on vacation than do the tourist thing. Mrs. F, however, wants to see as much of the world as possible, so this works out perfectly. It will also be the first time I'll be in London sober. I guess I should see some of the landmarks.

The last time I was there was when I was TDY to RAF Lakenheath. Let's just say that the British constabulary wasn't too happy with me and my buddies, zooted and driving an American Air Force Jeep on the wrong side of the street, going the wrong way, and screaming at the Brits for being shitty drivers. Needless to say, Colonel Bryant wasn't too happy either when he got us out of the lockup the next morning. Ah, the excesses of youth.

Hopefully, this trip will be less eventful and not involve the police. However, I am planning to do an inspection tour of the London pubs. Ha!

No comments: