18 August 2004

Nice of them to say something

Have I said recently how much I hate the MTA? Dropped the Mrs. off at the station this morning and she noticed there were a lot of people on the platform for 5 am. Then we chalked it up to it being Wednesday, when all the Broadway shows have matinees, and everybody has to bring their miserable rugrats into the city. Fine.

I get halfway home and my cell phone rings. I pull over and answer. It's the Mrs. The train didn't come on time so she called the MTA info number. They told her there was a track fire and trains would be sporadic. Ya think they could make announcements at the station so folks who really have to get in on time could make other arrangements? Nah. She just called and a train finally came, 20 minutes late. Great way to start the day.

No comments: