02 August 2004

NASCAR

Lotta empty seats at Pocono yesterday. This whole Nextel sponsorship of the Cup Series is bad for the sport and it shows in the attendance figures. A buddy of mine and the Indian's went to the race and he said a good portion of the seats had no butts in them and the infield was pretty empty too. Is it me, or is NASCAR cutting the Hendrick cars, namely Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon, a little more slack than everybody else? Glad to see Tony Stewart get a taste of his own medicine. He wrecked himself. Bad Kharma, man. Hope Little E's roasted nuts get better, seeing John andretti in the 8 car isn't good and we saw what Truex did to it last week. I think I'm getting disenchanted with a sport I've loved more than any other for close to 40 years. See, and it's all you militant non-smokers who've fucked it up. No cigarette sponsorships, my ass. Winston did more for the sport of stock car racing and they got shit on. Now Nextel's got it and they're acting like Bush and his people when they got to the White House. Everything that came before is bad and we know what's best. I know what's best. Bring Winston back.

Pleasant fucking dreams.

No comments: