02 June 2004

Bionic Ed

Talked to Almost Dead Ed this morning and he came through the pacemaker procedure with flying colors, the stubborn old bastid. He sounds great and I reminded him that work is piling up. Now that he's got bionic parts, he has one more day to rest and he'd better be in Friday, the slacker. Indian, Harry, and I think that he is getting sexual favors from the nurses and that's why he's been lying around in the hospital for a couple weeks now. Hey, it's only speculation, but I don't think a terminal disease has anything to do with it. Seriously, Not So Almost Dead Ed is one of the worst patients and the doctors and nurses at St. Francis Hospital deserve a big hand. If I had to care for him, I'd have probably smothered him with a pillow by now. Anyway, this is good news and we wish him a speedy return. Like I said, work's piling up.

No comments: