01 June 2004

Auf wiedersehen

Anyway, gotta get Mrs. Fixer at the station.

Remember when I talked about the DIY crowd and how they think they know more than they do? Back when I lived next to the Indian, the guy on the other side of me was a Do-It-Yourself nut. Well, he was cheap, still is. Now, this guy attempted a brake job and valve cover gasket change on his car this past weekend. You think he would have gone over to the Indian's house and say, "Mr. Indian, is there anything special I need to know about doing this job on my car?" And do you think he would do it before he started taking shit apart? If you don't know what you're doing and you have a resource like the Indian two doors down, well . . . His car is still up on blocks because he's shopping around for the cheapest calipers because he blew the pistons out the old ones. "Are they supposed to be like that?" He asks Indian after all the brake fluid is running down his driveway. Dipshit. Don't be a dipshit yourself. Deflate your weenie and ask.

With that, I bid you a fond adieu and auf wiedersehen.

Pleasant dreams.

No comments: